Sherlock User Forum

A community of Sherlock users and developers
It is currently 27 May 2018, 01:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2016, 05:14 
Sherlock User

Let say I need to add 20 thermal csv files to a sherlock project. After I added 20 csv files to Sherlock >> "Files", I need to edit Properties for each file. Sherlock run the process below

1. edit file properties >> thermal map (csv) >> configure the required thermal map setting >> save
2. sherlock must finish the task before allow user for another file configuration. It will take a long time if large data in csv file.

I think sherlock should allow below
1. edit file properties >> thermal map (csv) >> configure the required thermal map setting >> save
2. sherlock run the task in the background and continue allow user to configure another file.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2016, 15:59 
Site Admin

Sherlock does allow for multiple files to be added and file properties to be modified simultaneously. However it appears that because of a large number of calls to reclaim memory, which completely pauses the application, Sherlock is preventing this. So editing any file property can take much longer than it should. This will be addressed in an upcoming release of Sherlock. Additionally for certain types of files, it may make sense to allow for properties on multiple files to be modified at the same time as long as certain criteria on those files are met. I'll investigate this to determine if this can be implemented as an enhancement.

Thank you.

Paul

9000 Virginia Manor Rd, Ste 290
Beltsville MD 20705