Lessons learned and suggestions from other users that might make you more productive when using Sherlock to analyze circuit card reliability. Registered users may post to this forum at any time.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Sherlock User
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 12:11
Just sharing. Pls see the steps in attachment if you are interested.
- export PN from database template.xlsx
- template to delete the .xml extension
- (9.02 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
- Way to export all part number in partDB to Excel.pdf
- (331.84 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
- Site Admin
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 14:06
Thanks for the tip. Back when we first add the Local Part Database to Sherlock a beta user asked why we stored everything in XML files in the file system, instead of using "a real database". We did that for a couple of technical reasons, not the least of which was that we wanted to allow savvy users to process the files themselves, as exemplified by your suggestion. Other customers are generating the XML files directly from their own organizational databases to ensure data consistency between Sherlock and all of their other reliability and design applications.