How to create a surface mount connector?

Your place to learn and share your experiences with Sherlock. Registered users may post to this forum at any time.
Brian_Becker
Sherlock User

How to create a surface mount connector?

Post by Brian_Becker » 16 Jun 2015, 09:44

I have been having difficulty with defining some of the components on my designs because they do not exist in the package manager and I have not found any information in the user guides on how to create one to add to my part library. Is anyone at DFR working on a tutorial to create parts such as surface mount connectors or could a webinar be held to demonstrate part creation for different components not defined in the part manager? I am concerned with part modeling as it applies to solder fatigue.

Nathan Blattau
Site Admin

Re: How to create a surface mount connector?

Post by Nathan Blattau » 22 Jun 2015, 16:57

Hi Brian,

Most SMT connectors can be defined by changing the package name to something Sherlock recognizes for the lead configuration. I've added an example of a header. The attached file is the datasheet and a package database entry.

Open up the package manager and import the .csv file. It should generate a new package called HDR SOIC.

Best regards,
Nathan
Attachments
conn_brkhdr2.csv
(529 Bytes) Downloaded 720 times
GRPB_ _2VWQS-RC 10958-C.pdf
(256.89 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
Nathan Blattau, PhD
Senior Vice President
DfR Solutions, LLC
9000 Virginia Manor Rd, Ste 290
Beltsville MD 20705

ejhan
Sherlock User

Re: How to create a surface mount connector?

Post by ejhan » 19 Jan 2020, 21:32

Hi Nathan,

I am wondering still attached .csv file is available in sherlock.
Because in excel file, it says lead geometry as stub. but I thought it was L-lead.

Sincerely,
EJ